-Well hello hello and happy day!
Today I wanted to pop in and talk about planned spending.
We all have expenses that fall outside of our monthly expenses…these are the occasional or seasonal expenses and they are expected (albeit, sometimes forgotten when not “in season”).
Some common expenses in this category:
- School start
- Christmas and holidays
- Vehicle license renewal
- Driver’s license renewal
- Membership renewals
One strategy to reduce the financial stress of the occasional or seasonal expenses is to budget for the expenses that are variable such as gifts and holidays…and another is to save for your planned spending.
School has just started and for many parents this means purchasing school supplies, clothing and so forth. The spending is done for this year, but it doesn’t mean you can’t get a jump on next year.
Christmas and holidays are around the corner but you still have time to start saving.
1. Create a “planned expense” tracker or download one that I have created.
2. Enter all your upcoming seasonal and occasional expenses and the amount of each.
3. Highlight the month it is due.
4. For each upcoming month write in how much you will be saving. Each month may be the same amount or the amounts may vary month to month but however you do it…it should equal the cost of the expense.
5. Open a savings bank account for “Planned Spending” and deposit the total amount for each expense monthly.
6. This money is for upcoming expenses and if you spend the money, you will be back in the same situation again. Scrambling to come up with the money when it’s due.
If you want to reduce your money-related stress and would like some help putting together your savings plan…it all starts with a conversation.
Book your FREE call with me by using the link below:
I know from my own experience there may be some hesitation to get on a call like this...
For me, I think it’s fear of the unknown…
I ask myself questions like:
Will I be roped into signing up for something I don’t want?
Or, will there be some high-pressure sales tactics I’m not comfortable with?
I want to alleviate any fears or the hesitation you may have around getting on a call with me…
Basically, I want to know where you are now, financially…where you want to be…and I’ll let you know how I can best serve you.
…..If it’s a fit we work together…if it isn’t…we won’t….easy peasy.
Don’t let your unfounded fears prevent you from taking action…this may be one of the most important heart to heart conversations you’ve had about money….
Book your FREE call today by using the link below:
On that note, I am outta here.
Have yourself a totally fantabulous day and let your awesomeness shine!